Sunday, January 29, 2012

Lesson Plans

Every week I sit down and make up our lesson plans for the week.  I look back over the past week to make sure everything is going well.  If it is, we move along.  If not, we stop and review.  I don't like to make lesson plans to far in advance because I hate changing them if something comes up.

I've tried several web sites for planning and keeping track of our school.  Homeschool Tracker worked well.  But it only works on PC and we are now Mac people.  All the others that I have tried are too labor intensive.  I want the system to work for me.  I don't want to work for the system.  So we went back to pen and paper.  I sit down at the dining room table and write out what their lessons are for each week.  We check them off as they are done and record any grades that need recording.  At the end of each year we start a new notebook.  Until someone can come up with a better way, that's how we are going to do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment